Please choose or click the products categories that interest you.
Our member made the Agarwood products which sell in our store of the Nong Mak Fai Agarwood Community Enterprise Group (NACEG). Our products produced naturally and selected only the good grade quality product for sale in our store while its price lovely because we do not sell it through the middleman. Therefore, our customers will receive Agarwood products at a friendly price.
It has many trade names, including Agarwood (Europe), aloeswood (Singapore), eaglewood (United States), bahadur (India), gaharu (Indonesian), krisna (Thailand), oudh or oud (Arabic), tram (Vietnam), jinko (Japanese), chen xiang (Chinese), etc.
The genus Aquilaria is a genus of the plant family of Bahadur (Thymelaeaceae) that originated in Southeast Asia and South Asia. Found primarily in the rainforests of Indonesia, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Malaysia, Northern India, Philippines, and New Guinea. Plants in this genus usually have white wood. When the wound occurs, the tree will release chemicals to heal the wound. But the substances will expand further produces a fragrant black or dark brown color called “Myrrh.”
Bahadur is said to be from the time of Buddha as Valuables As expensive as gold Indian Agarwood is one of the four natural fragrances known as Chaturachat Sukhon (Oad wood, Euphorbia antiquorum, Mansonia gagei, and flowers).
In Thailand, Agarwood is a forbidden product for the general public because it has been a law that traded by kings only since ancient times. Ayutthaya During the reign of King Narai the high Oad wood is using as a tribute and a product to China.
The properties of Bahadur spread to the Arabian Peninsula in the Middle East, the Greek, Roman, and Ancient Egypt. Eaglewood products are available only in certain parts of Asia, such as India, China, and Southeast Asia such as Myanmar, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Laos, Cambodia, and Vietnam only.
species diversity of family genus
Wood in the genus Bahadur has medium-sized stems. But if older, there will be large stems, rather softwood, but when already old, it will look quite a hard yellow with beautiful patterns. The bark is peeling; the trunk is straight, the color is red. The skin is a small blister. Its color is red-black, gray, light green.
Present, there are 16 species of plants in the family according to the requirements of the 1st World Agarwood Conference in Vietnam in the following details.
- Aquilaria Apiculata Merr., 1922 The source is the Philippines.
- Aquilaria Baillonil found places are Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam.
- Aquilaria Banneonsis is founding in Vietnam.
- Aquilaria Beccarian Tiegh.1893 found source is Indonesia.
- Aquilaria Brachyantha (Merr.) Hallier f. The source is Malaysia.
- Aquilaria Crassna Pierre ex Lecomte, 1915 found in Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam.
- Aquilaria Cumingiana (Decne.) Ridl., Det. Ding Hou,1959 found in Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines.
- Aquilaria Filaria (Oken) Merr., 1950. The source is New Guinea, China.
- Aquilaria Grandiflora Benth., 1861. The source is China.
- Aquilaria Hilata is founding in Indonesia, Malaysia.
- Aquilaria Khasiana is founding in India.
- Aquilaria Malaccensis Lam.,1783, synonyms A. agallocha and A. secundaria. Found in Thailand, India and Indonesia.
- Aquilaria Microcarpa Baill. The source is Indonesia, Malaysia.
- Aquilaria Rostrata. The source is Malaysia.
- Aquilaria Sinensis Gilg, 1894. The source is China.
- Aquilaria Subintegra Ding Hou. The source is Thailand.
There are five species of plants in the family genus Bahadur.
is a wood species that provides high oil quality. Found in the Eastern region (Rayong, Chanthaburi, Trad, especially in Khao Soi Dao) and Pattani Province
is a type of wood that gives high oil quality and quite high oil content. Found both in the Central region (Kamphaeng Phet, Phetchabun, Nakhon Nayok, especially at Khao Yai National Park) Northeast (Nakhon Ratchasima, Buriram, and Sisaket) and the northern region (Chiang Rai, Phrae and Nan provinces)
is a species of wood that provides moderate perfume quality and quantity of perfume. Found in southern Thailand such as Phetchaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Ranong, Krabi, Trang, Phatthalung, Pattani as well as along the boundary of the Thai-Burma border to Assam and Bhutan.
is a shrub that does not give an oil. No use of this kind of fragrant wood has been founding in Thailand, located in the lower Southern provinces and Malaya.
is a medium-sized tree found in Thailand and [Vietnam]. There are reports of fragrant wood found in this kind of wood as well. But it is a rare tree, causing not to be found in Thailand, it been founding scattered throughout the high mountains in Chiang Mai, Mae Hong Son, Lampang, Uttaradit, so it is called “Krisna Doi.”
uses of agarwood
Currently, aside from the Agarwood chips and oil, which are the leading products in the market, the products from this wood have been developed to be more diverse. To be able to meet the needs of more customers which products from Bahadur are products on the market. Most of them are markets in Asia, such as Thailand, Japan, Singapore. According to the Phillips survey (2003) can be classified as follows.
- Agarwood branch or trunk section is a large eaglewood branch, which is a branch or trunk that has a considerable accumulation of myrrh. The wood is dark brown to black. Called grade 1 or superclass, the price per kilogram is very high from many tens of thousands to many hundreds of thousands of baht per kilogram, depending on the quality of the timber. Nowadays, it is infrequent because it is only eaglewood that been obtained from trees that are born in nature and come from an old tree that has accumulated myrrh for many years. Most of this style of eaglewood may be seen in the temple or the lavish manor’s house to show the riches and wealth of their owners.
- Agarwood pieces are small, so they are cheaper than large pieces of wood. It is using for the burning of fragrant incense. It is commonly using to welcome Arab guests, and some believe that the smelling of the burned pieces of wood can cure certain diseases.